Thursday, June 11, 2009

Solids!

We started Noah on solids on the 5th and he cut his first tooth last Sunday!

To start, we tried organic carrots with a tiny bit of oatmeal mixed in. I have been desperate to get him to sleep longer at night for his mama and daddy's sake, so I thought we'd give it a try! Here is what Noah thought of those carrots...



and then...



and my favorite:



SO funny, but I felt bad for him! Haha! (Sidenote: please excuse the quality of those pics - do you know how hard it was to be taking these pictures while trying to feed him in the bathroom while R was in the bath? Just sayin'.) By the fourth or fifth bite, he was seriously dry heaving and shuddering! Guess we know he doesn't like carrots!

Oh but not to worry - since then, we've tried oatmeal by itself (watered down of course) and then smashed up bananas and sweet potatoes. While he was not a big fan of the oatmeal, he LOVED the bananas and sweet potatoes.

It cracks me up because Rebekah wanted to eat as soon as she could! Up until recently, she's liked almost everything we've put in her mouth. (The only thing I can remember her not liking as a baby were sweet peas.) Whereas, Noah acts like he could take it or leave it! I guess he's just happy with Mama's milk! I've had to wait til he's super hungry to try to feed him solids, whereas Rebekah has never had an "off" switch. She has always eaten and eaten until she can't eat anymore - and then some. Talk about two totally different personalities!

**************************
Stay tuned for some random pictures, including our trip to the park!

0 comments: