Last Wednesday night, Jason and I decided (spur of the moment) that we were LONG overdue for a date night, minus our little munchkin. So we played hooky and didn't go to lifegroup (oh but we still love you guys!) and let Pappy (J's dad) spend some time with Bekah so we could go eat at one of our most favorite places to eat - Texas de Brazil**! Mmmm, it was SO good. And let me just say that I got my protein in that night! As an added bonus and definitely a God thing, we ran into a friend that Jason used to know from church who is working there now, so we got to catch up with him and then he gave us a discount off our meal! Talk about an unexpected blessing! Afterward, we picked up dessert from Sonic and visited with Pappy for a little while and then called it a night. What a refreshing, fun date night with my wonderful hubby! We know we won't get very many more before our little Noah makes his debut!
**For those of you who don't know or who haven't been there, they have the most amazing salad bar, complete with soup, all kinds of greens, all kinds of cheeses, shrimp, salmon, etc. and then you go sit down and get a card that is green on one side and red on the other. When you put it on green, it basically means, "go" and servers dressed up in gauchos and button down shirts bring around different types and cuts of meat, cooked and seasoned to perfection. I'm talkin pork, chicken, lamb(which isn't exactly my favorite!), steak, and the list goes on! You can get them to give you as much or as little as you like, and they just keep coming around until you put out your red for "stop." The only time we ever put it on red is when our plates are full and we need to make room for more! And if it's not cooked the way you like it, they go and get what you want. I used to hear about restaurants like these and thought how disgusting all that meat sounds, but going there has definitely changed my mind!**
Anyway, now that I'm making myself hungry by talking about all that food (which is not too uncommon these days), I thought I'd share a few pictures. And just for the record, I did not have anything of the alcoholic nature to drink - I simply am REALLY good at almost closing my eyes for the flash or looking the wrong way, almost every time! =)
Sending Your Child Far from Home
7 years ago
1 comments:
I LOVE Texas de Brazil...great place for a date night!!
Post a Comment